Step 1–Part 1 8th March
- Schools and colleges will reopen.
- Two people from two different households can meet outside for recreation.
- One nominated person can visit care homes.
Step 1–Part 2 29th March
- Rule of Six reintroduced outdoors or you can meet with one other household outdoors.
- Outdoor sports can restart (football, golf etc.)
Step 2 (no earlier than 12th April)
- Non-essential shops (inc. hairdressers, nail salons, libraries/museums) can reopen.
- Gyms and indoor swimming pools can reopen.
- Restaurants and pub gardens can serve outdoors, including alcohol.
- Weddings up to 15 people and funerals up to 30 people can restart.
Step 3 (no earlier than 17th May)
- People can meet in groups of up to 30 outdoors.
- Six people or two households can meet indoors.
- Indoor entertainment (cinemas etc.) and hotels can reopen. International travel can resume.
Step 4 (no earlier than 21st June)
- All legal limits on social contact will end.
- No legal limits on weddings, funerals and other life events.
- Nightclubs and theatres can reopen.
Note that these dates are not fixed and are instead subject to the four tests being met.
- Vaccine deployment continues successfully.
- Evidence shows vaccines are successful in reducing hospital pressures and deaths.
- Infection rates do not risk pressure on our NHS.
- New variants do not cause further problems.
Data and analysis on the epidemiology of COVID-19 as per the Public Health England Surveillance report
How many cases and deaths in your area
What you can and can not do – Official Government info
Government advice for Leicester
Leicester County Council advice
Coronavirus Leicester NHS guidance
What this means for Schools, Colleges and Academies
Government’s advice to students
Common questions asked during the Leicester lockdown
Advice for businesses in Leicester
Support for vulnerable residents
Guidance on how to join a Trade Union
Information on the track and trace service