Step 1–Part 1 8th March
- Schools and colleges will reopen.
- Two people from two different households can meet outside for recreation.
- One nominated person can visit care homes.
Step 1–Part 2 29th March
- Rule of Six reintroduced outdoors or you can meet with one other household outdoors.
- Outdoor sports can restart (football, golf etc.)
Step 2 (no earlier than 12th April)
- Non-essential shops (inc. hairdressers, nail salons, libraries/museums) can reopen.
- Gyms and indoor swimming pools can reopen.
- Restaurants and pub gardens can serve outdoors, including alcohol.
- Weddings up to 15 people and funerals up to 30 people can restart.
Step 3 (no earlier than 17th May)
- People can meet in groups of up to 30 outdoors.
- Six people or two households can meet indoors.
- Indoor entertainment (cinemas etc.) and hotels can reopen. International travel can resume.
Step 4 (no earlier than 21st June)
- All legal limits on social contact will end.
- No legal limits on weddings, funerals and other life events.
- Nightclubs and theatres can reopen.
Note that these dates are not fixed and are instead subject to the four tests being met.
- Vaccine deployment continues successfully.
- Evidence shows vaccines are successful in reducing hospital pressures and deaths.
- Infection rates do not risk pressure on our NHS.
- New variants do not cause further problems.